HLTF has been designing and crafting timber frame structures in the mid-Atlantic region since 1974. We have been dedicated to the design and construction of energy efficient and high-performance structures for over 40 years. As a proud certified B Corporation, we are committed to meeting the standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency through our sustainable building and business practices. We are also an FSC Chain of Custody Certified builder and employ both a LEED Green Associate and a Certified Passive House Consultant.
Skilled Craftsperson | Job Posted 10 July 2018
Hugh Lofting Timber Framing & High Performance Building (HLTF) is searching for a skilled craftsperson with the proven ability to produce quality work and deliver exceptional customer service to join our team in Kennett Square, PA. A minimum of 2 years experience is preferred, but we will train the right individual accordingly. Applicant must be willing to learn and implement green building techniques and proper procedure, in addition to possessing a high level of professionalism and integrity. Daily tasks include fabrication of timber frames, on site raising of timber frames, installation of structural insulated panels, general cleaning and upkeep of tools, shop, and job sites, as well as various other construction tasks.
- Minimum 2 years in a related field (or comparable apprenticeship/education), preference given to those with 5+ years experience in a related field
- Valid driver’s license required
- Must be able to read, maintain basic records, and complete accurate/detailed timecards
- Knowledge of general construction and OSHA guidelines
- Competency with basic power tools and construction equipment, including lifts
- Ability to read blueprints, sketches, and building plans
- Ability to work both collaboratively with our team and independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work/coordinate with other trades
- Strong customer service skills, including verbal and written communication
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds, stand for the duration of a shift, and work outside in all four seasons
- Some travel (including overnight) is required
After successful completion of a 90-day probationary period, potential employee will be eligible for a generous benefit package including vacation, paid holidays, employer subsidized health/vision/dental insurance, retirement savings plan, and life insurance.
Hugh Lofting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.