Hugh Lofting Timber Framing, Inc. (HLTF) has designed, crafted and raised timber frame structures throughout the United States but focuses on the eastern seaboard market. Our firm works with many wood species and with many timber specifications including:
- Solid, unseasoned and kiln dried materials
- FCS certified timbers
- Reclaimed and salvaged timbers
- Glued-laminated beams and trusses
Timber framing lends itself to many styles and structures. These include: architectural trusses, great room additions, whole home timber frames, hybrid structures that incorporate timber framing with SIP’s, formed concrete, stick framing or other enclosure systems, commercial inns and office buildings, pavilions, pergolas and barns.
Since its infancy, HLTF has been dedicated to energy and design efficiency. Today the firm has embraced the use of FCS certified timbers and glued-laminated beams, reclaimed and salvaged woods, environmentally aware finishes, SIP’s and has Green Advantage Certified employees on staff. We have been key members of a number of LEED projects, including:
- Dansko Headquarters, LEED-Gold
- Kennett Square Residence, LEED for Homes Silver
- Annapolis Residence, Off-The-Grid Home
- Bryn Athyn College Admissions Building
- Camden Friends Meeting House, LEED-NC
Our professional crew is focused upon providing superior customer service. Our success is reflected in a high level of consumer satisfaction.