HLTF has been designing and crafting timber frame structures in the mid-Atlantic region since 1974. We have been dedicated to the design and construction of energy efficient and high-performance structures for over 40 years. We are committed to meeting the standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency through our sustainable building and business practices.
Bidding/Estimating | Job Posted 01 October 2019
Hugh Lofting Timber Framing & High Performance Building (HLTF) is searching for a bidding/estimating team member with the proven ability to produce quality work and deliver exceptional customer service to join our team in Kennett Square, Pa. A minimum of 2 years experience is preferred, but we will train the right individual accordingly. Applicant must possess a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Minimum 2 years in a related field (or comparable apprenticeship/education), preference given to those with 5+ years experience in a related field; construction background is beneficial
- Valid driver’s license required
- Knowledge of general construction and OSHA guidelines
- Ability to read blueprints, sketches, and building plans
- Ability to work both collaboratively with our team and independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work closely with architects, general contractors, owners, and engineers on projects/bids
- Ability to work/coordinate with other trades
- Strong customer service skills, including verbal and written communication
Bidding/estimating responsibilities including the following:
- Reviewing plan sets (architectural and structural) to locate and populate timber/decking lists
- Sending timber/decking lists out for pricing from vendors
- Pricing job accordingly and writing up deadline-specific proposals to send to clients (architects, GCs, and owners)
- Creating and updating schedules in CoConstruct to accommodate shop schedule
- Adding contacts/leads and projects to CoConstruct (including job info, specifications and selections, shop/raising hours, photos) and communicating through messages.
- Answering phones/transferring calls and taking messages
- Site visits to field verify site conditions (including taking dimensions, notes, and photos to clarify the site)
- Working closely with shop personnel to establish proper timber joinery for frames/trusses
- Producing 2D shop drawings and 3D models for client and engineer approval and shop
- Sending shop drawings to client and then engineer for approval
After successful completion of a 90-day probationary period, potential employee will be eligible for a generous benefit package including vacation, paid holidays, employer subsidized health/vision/dental insurance, retirement savings plan, and life insurance.
Hugh Lofting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.