HLTF has been designing and crafting timber frame structures in the mid-Atlantic region since 1974. We have been dedicated to the design and construction of energy efficient and high-performance structures for over 40 years. We are committed to meeting the standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency through our sustainable building and business practices.
Skilled Craftspeople (2 opportunities) | Posted 23 March 2022
Hugh Lofting Timber Framing & High Performance Building (HLTF) is searching for two skilled craftspeople with the proven ability to produce quality work and deliver exceptional customer service to join our team in Kennett Square, Pa. A minimum of two (2) years of experience is preferred, but we will train the right individuals accordingly. Each applicant must be willing to learn and implement green building techniques and proper procedure, in addition to possessing a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Minimum 2 years in a related field (or comparable apprenticeship/education); construction background is beneficial
- Valid driver’s license required
- Knowledge of general construction and OSHA guidelines
- Ability to work both collaboratively with our team and independently with minimal supervision
Daily tasks and responsibilities including the following:
- Fabricating timber frames
- Participating in on-site raising of timber frames
- Installing structural insulated panels (SIPs)
- General cleaning and upkeep of tools, shop, and job sites
- Additional construction and support tasks as needed
After successful completion of a 90-day probationary period, potential employee will be eligible for a generous benefit package including vacation, paid holidays, employer subsidized health/vision/dental insurance, retirement savings plan, and life insurance.
Hugh Lofting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.